Friday, March 19, 2010

UGGS+BIKING="X"

(like my helmet? my mitts? my shades?)
OK,
CLEARLY,
Biking is not my thing..
Wearing UGGS while biking downtown on a BMX bike is a big, fat,
"X"
But I enjoyed it so much!...
Minus one part..
When a group of real BMX riding boys ride by you and yell,
"Hey! We're going riding, wanna join?" (while laughing amongst one another)
That was far from a compliment..
I did look a little ridonculous,
So I guess I deserved it.
=(

Biking downtown from my house to Eaton Centre is..
what seems like a day-long trip! (but really, like 30-45 mins?)
A regular cycling bike has,
different gears, adjustable seats, really good brakes.
But this BMX bike had no gears, no adjustable seat, and awful brakes!
What felt like someone was holding me back while I was pedaling turned into..
A tremendous accomplishment for myself.
Biking downtown and back to my house was tiring,
But I was so proud of performance.
(first work out in years!)
love, juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment