Saturday, June 5, 2010

Do-it-yourself!

So I found this vintage dress.
I thought to myself,
"I love the material, the colours, and the pattern!"
It's a bit of a silk-type of material which feels extremely light!
But one thing I wasn't a fan of was...
the length.
Sure,
long dresses are in like 'maxi dresses'..
but this type of long dress was just a tad hideous!

So I've decided to cut the length.
You don't want it too short, but short enough to make your legs look like forever-long-legs!
I made mine thigh-high
and added a skinny belt because it would have no shape otherwise.


BEFORE- front


BEFORE- back


AFTER- front


AFTER- back


AFTER- i love the deep cut right under the arm pitts!!

Go find something in your closet or a vintage store in Kensington!
Take it apart and make it into your own style of vintage!!

love, juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment