Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ikea help?

IKEA is the best place to go for everything-house-things!
But most importantly, they are known for their extremely cheap IKEA food!
Can you believe a hot dog is 50 cents?
Today, my dad and I went to buy a dresser for my room.
We hadn't eaten lunch beforehand so,
we decided to eat some cheap and decent food there!
My dad had a ham and cheese sandwich which was only $2!
And I had roasted chicken and fries for about $5!
I was so excited to eat and dig in when..
I saw a piece of small hair,
kind of similar to little black curly hairs if you know what I mean!
I was so grossed out,
but I took a breath, removed it, and looked away for about a minute,
then enjoyed my meal!

Assembling desks, beds, dressers etc. are a little annoying.
Especially the fact that I had to assemble it on my own since my dad was busy.
I began at 130pm and finished around 6pm.
Yes,
it took a heck of a long time but I managed to finish it!


I unloaded the box and found all of this inside...


About 1/3 of the way through this mission.


The drawers are about done!


Final product!

Okay,
so I wasn't the happiest when I finished this hard labour work!
After sliding in the bottom drawer, I realized that there is a big booboo!
I accidently used this ugly light brown piece of wood as the exterior and used the painted one as the interior!
To be able to fix this madness,
I would have to take the entire thing apart, and reassemble it.
No way am I doing that!
It looks odd,
it looks ugly,
it sticks out like a banana from an apple,
but I will keep it as it is.

This mistake is so typical me.
I knew that this assembling wouldn't go perfectly.
Something HAD to backfire!

Note: If anybody wants to come over and fix this, you are MORE than welcome to!

love, juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment